About Me

My photo
Orlando, Florida
"Happiness is the best cosmetic"
Just a 17 year old girl obsessed with everything beauty. Here you'll find reviews of new beauty products, swatches and lots more!
Don't forget to follow me on more social networking sites! Twitter- @woaahitsfrances Insta- @woaahitsfrances
If you're a company interested in working with me contact me at woaahitsfrances@me.com and put "Frances" in the subject line!

July 28, 2011

Sigma Beauty: Make Me Cool Review;


I discovered Sigma Beauty from watching tons and tons of gurus on youtube. Kristina from Sigma sent me one of their lovely Make Me Up brush sets. I've had a few days to try them out and I can honestly say they are amazing. The packaged arrived with the box of brushes, a pamphlet explaining each use of the brushes and a little card for me.
The brushes came in a multi use case which unclips on both sides to use as two brush holders. You can also keep the lock in place and have a sturdy travel brush case.
The brush holders look so cute, and simple sitting on my vanity.
Moving on to the brushes, this kit contains 12 of Sigma's best selling brushes; 5 face brushes and 7 eye brushes. 
Each brush is labeled with Sigma's numbering system, and what the brush is generally used for.  The lettering in the handle is iridescent.

I had a chance to test out each and every brush and I'm certainly impressed. 
Here is a short to the point review of the brushes.
Left-Right.
Large Powder - F30 - Claims to be dense with a rounded top. This brush lives up to it's claims! I use this to apply powder all over my face and give me the most even coverage of powder.

Large Angled Contour - F40 - The angled shape makes this brush ideal to apply blush or contour shades. I find this to be the perfect brush to contour my cheek bones with bronzer!

Foundation - F60 - Can be used to apply liquid or cream foundation. It is also recommended to apply moisturizers and conceal large areas. I haven't used this brush all too much since it is summer and i'm not wearing foundation, but this brush apply's my foundation evenly and leaves no streaks!

Concealer - F70 - The rounded, tapered, flat shape makes this brush ideal to conceal the under eye area. It is also recommended for a precise application in small areas. I love this brush! I use it on my blemishes & even under my eyes. It helps blend in concealer my nicely. 
Duo Fibre - F50 - Specially designed to generate an airbrushed finish when used to apply liquid foundation. It can also be used to apply blush, highlight shades and loose pigments. THIS BRUHSH IS AMAZING. I use it to apply blush to my cheeks, and foundation to my face and I get this airbrushed finish every time. I'm in love.
Left- Right: EYE BRUSHES!

Large Shader - E60 - Flat shape is ideal for application of cream formulas and eye shadow primers. It also works great with loose eye shadows or pigments. Can be used to apply color all over the lid or precisely on the lash line. I use this brush to apply my cream shadows and primers. This brush is soft, and doesn't tug on my lids!

Eye Shading - E55 - Soft and dense with a rounded finish. Can be used to apply pressed or loose eye shadows and pigments. Ideal to build intense color on the eyelid. I used this to apply color all over my lids using a patting motion so I don't get fall out.
Medium Angled Shading - E70 -  Ideal to apply highlight shades underneath the eyebrow and on the inner corners. It can also be used for a precise application of darker shades on the crease area. I use this for my crease, highlight, and inner corner shades. This brush picks up just enough product for me!
Tapered Blending - E40 - Rounded and tapered top. Specially designed to apply and blend color on the crease. I use this brush to blend out my highlight shade and crease color and it works amazingly. Light handed or heavy! I also use this brush to blend in my under eye concealer.  I know, strange, but it really works for me!
Pencil - E30 - Precise application of color on the crease, outer corner, and upper and lower lash line. Also ideal to smudge out pencil liner. I have yet to try this brush out in my crease, but I used it to apply shadow to my upper and lower lash line, and it works like an angel.
Eyeliner - E05 - An extra-fine tipped synthetic fiber brush that delivers a precise, firm, even stroke to line the eyes. As a frequent gel eyeliner user, this brush was one of my favorites. The tip was precise enough to make a thin line on my upper lash line!
Small Angle - E65 - Essential for the application of gel or cream eyeliner on the upper and lower lash line. This brush is also excellent for filling out the eyebrows.  I also tried this brush for eyeliner but I like the E05 a lot better, so I tried this out on my eyebrows and I loved it!

I hoped you enjoyed this review, be on the look out for a GIVEAWAY soon!